Tuesday, May 20, 2014

One-Sweep Shadows, Part 1: Browns & Bronzes

Hello friends!

Some days I like to spend a lot of time on my makeup, playing with different colours and looks. However, on days where I'm destined for a long haul at the library or am strapped for time, I like to use eyeshadows that can be swept over the entire lid so that I can look polished without fiddling about with contouring and blending.

This post will be in two parts: firstly, the browns and bronzes that tend to be the go-to shade for one sweep shadows, and secondly, some colours that may be a bit out of the ordinary but still look amazing.

I have blue eyes, so I find that shimmery browny taupes and bronzes can really make my eyes pop without putting in too much effort. Some of my all-time favourites are the MAC classics - Woodwinked, Satin Taupe, and Mulch to name a few - but they have been blogged about to death, so I've decided to show you a few browns and bronzes that don't always get the air time they deserve!

Bottom to Top: Aubersheen, Koala, On and On Bronze, Antiqued

1. Soap and Glory's Aubersheen (£10.00 for the quad): This shade is part of Soap and Glory's What's Nude quad, which is a great budget option for a quality neutral pallette. This metallic taupey-brown  is a universally flattering shade that looks natural but still adds that dimension to your eyes. The formula is finely-milled, soft, and long-lasting.

2. Fyrinnae's Koala (US$6.25 for full, $2.25 for mini): Described as a "rosy taupe" with a Satin finish, this loose pigment eyeshadow from the indie brand Fyrinnae packs a crazy-good colour payoff with the smallest amount of product. Fyrinnae's eyeshadows are known for having great dimension, and this one is no exception. It almost contours by itself! Grab a mini and try it out...you won't regret it!

3. Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze (£4.99/C$8.99/US$6.99): Maybelline Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows have been lauded by just about every beauty blogger in town, and for good reason: they last all day and are beautifully pigmented. On and On Bronze (Bad to the Bronze in North America) is a gorgeous bronze-gold that can be quickly applied with your finger tips and still manages to look fantastic! For the price point, you can't go wrong.

4. MAC Antiqued (£12.50/C$17.00/US$14.00): Antiqued has been in my collection forever, and I will always have this shade on hand because I think it's a stunning choice for blue eyes. It's an orange-toned copper that can be sheered out or packed on for a colour that is vibrant without being too in-your-face. I think this is one of MAC's unsung heroes!

 What browns/bronzes do you reach for on your lazy days?

xo hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment