Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Making Orange Lips Work

Hello friends!

I've been seeing orange lips everywhere lately...it seems as this vibrant hue is the "it colour" of the spring and summer seasons. Obviously, orange is not the easiest (or most practical) colour to pull off...luckily, if you aren't quite brave enough to rock that bright true orange, then orange's little sister coral might be more up your alley, and will still give you the same summery pop of colour!

I've put together a gradient of oranges, starting with a barely there coral to a full-blown orange/red. One is bound to work for you!

Left to Right: Bourjois Rouge Buzz, Too Faced Coral Fire, Body Shop 110 Coral Blush, NYX Peach Cobbler

Bottom to Top: Bourjois Rouge Buzz, Too Faced Coral Fire, Body Shop 110 Coral Blush, NYX Peach Cobbler

For an everyday coral flush: If you're looking for a sweet hint of orange that's appropriate for day time wear, look no further than The Body Shop's Colour Crush Lipstick in 110 Coral Blush (£10.00/C$13.00). This formula applies beautifully, feels hydrating on the lips, has a lovely faint rose scent, and won't break the bank! This leans more orange than pink, unlike some corals. A stunning choice for those who want to dabble in the orange trend without going full-out.

For those looking for a little more oomph: If I'm looking for a juicy, vibrant coral, I immediately go for my Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in "Coral Fire" (£18.00/C$26.00/US$22.00). It reminds me of ripe papayas, and gives an amazing shine and pop of colour. This is my all time favourite lipstick formula...it is astonishingly creamy and glossy.

For those who prefer a gloss: My favourite orangey/coral gloss this season is the beauty blogger favourite, NYX Butter Gloss in "Peach Cobbler."(£5.00/US$5.00) These are non-sticky, emollient glosses with great colour pay off, a yummy candy scent, and a buttery texture. For those who want shine with their colour, I can guarantee the shine factor is off the charts. It's summer in gloss form!

For those who go bold or go home: When I went on a hunt for a true orange - and I did a lot of hunting, I can tell you that - the colour I ultimately chose was Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 10 "Rouge Buzz" (£7.99). It's dubbed a red-orange, but for me it pulls totally orange, and it's such a gorgeous showstopper! This isn't the creamiest formula, but what you lack in hydration you get back in long-lasting colour. I can't wait to play with this in the summer.

Obsessed with Bourjois' bright orange!

Will you be debuting an orange lip this spring?

xo hannah

3 comments:

  1. You have the most beautiful lips! The colour looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love orange shades for spring! that Bourjois colour is amazing

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!!
    I followed you on bloglovin. You have amazing blog!
    Please, follow me back.

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3947784

    ReplyDelete