Monday, May 19, 2014

Current Haircare Favourites

Greetings!

Today was the first day I've styled my hair in ages...the sun has made me a bit lazy I'm afraid! I got to reacquaint myself with some old friends, as well as my favourite everyday post-wash products. I thought I would give you a rundown on my top five haircare favourites right now.



Up first are my two everyday products which I always pull out of my drawer every time I wash my hair. Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Split End Protection Cream (£4.79) is a product I've never seen in North America, but something I will definitely have to stock up on before I leave the UK. It is a leave in conditioner that is meant to protect from split ends and breakage. It makes my hair smell like raspberries and leaves it feeling incredibly soft and silky. It also lasts forever, as all you need is one pump to distribute through your hair. I've noticed a difference in the health of my hair since starting to use this product.

My second every day product is the Haus of Gloi Hair Oil in "Imp" (US$12.00). These hand-formulated hair oils from my favourite indie bath and body company contain a mixture of beneficial oils and can be scented with any of the general scents from their catalogue, as well as limited edition and seasonal scents. I usually use about 4 drops and distribute it through the lower half of my hair, paying special attention to my ends. I don't find that this product makes my hair greasy, and I love that I can choose the scents!

I have also chosen three styling products that I don't use every day, but that I often reach for when I am styling my hair. The first is the got2b Beach Matt Mermaid Look Texturizing Salt Spray (£3.99/US$5.99). This salt spray is one of the best I've tried. It gives you beautiful beachy curls and is super easy to use: just spray as much as you want on wet hair, scrunch it, and go. I like that it never makes your hair feel crunchy as some salt sprays do, so you can spray to your heart's content.

Another got2b product that I constantly use whenever I heat style my hair is my got2b Guardian Angel Gloss Finish Flat Iron Balm ( £3.99/U$S5.99). It's called a balm, but it really is a spray that protects up to 425F and smells lovely to boot. I really like the fact that the spray nozzle is designed so that the product doesn't squirt in one stream onto your hair, but comes out in a mist so that you don't miss any areas. Note that the bottle is black in the UK!

Lastly, a recent find that I am totally in love with. Beauty bloggers were raving about the Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturizing Spray (£6.99), so I decided to give it a try. I have brutal luck with "volume" products because I have such bottom heavy hair that gravity just pulls everything down. I also have a super strong middle part that refuses teasing and backcombing efforts. This spray has made all the difference. One spray and a ruffle with my fingers provides instant volume and the promised "backcomb effect" that is listed on the can. It lasts forever as well, so you can keep fluffing your hair throughout the day. Volume challenged girls, this one is for you.

What's in your hair care arsenal these days?

xo hannah

1 comment: